Thursday, 1 March 2012

Our First Board Report

Dear Graeme, Kevin, Leanne, Dan, Andrew, Ebony, Tina and David,

We are the Monster Minds and when we are at school we live in Room 4.  Here is a picture of us so you know what we look like.


4 of us started school late last year,  4 of us started school on the first day of this year and 5 of us have started since then.  We are still waiting for 6 more children to complete our class.  They will start before the end of the term.  

We LOVE learning in our class and have already learnt HEAPS since we started.  Yesterday, Kate said, "Yay!!  Elly, I just LOVE reading time.  I learn so much at reading."  How cool is that!

Here is our favourite piece of learning so far...

Kate - I am learning to read the words and to swim a lot.  I can put my flutterboard behind my head and kick my feet.  I like reading because I when I was 4 I didn't know how to read, but now I can now that I'm 5.  
Mayson - We blew bubbles inside.  The couch got all wet from the bubbles!
Logan - I can write "I am in a bubble."  I looked on the card to help me.  
Kreashyn - I am learning to write.  I like making lots of lists of words.  
Quentin - I am learning to read.  I am getting better every day - so I can read more books.  
Jayden - I have learnt to be a big school boy.
Jamie - I have sort-of learnt to read (I can only read some books).  I look at the picture to help me.  
Halle - I have learnt to do writing.  The word card helps me and I stretch the tricky words out.  
Anika - I was a bit scared of the playground, but now its getting better.  It's better because I'm older now and the other kids help me.  
Eva - I know lots of words now.  It helps with my reading and writing.
Edward - I can do lots of things on the ipads.  It helps me with my learning.  Park Maths helps me to get better at my numbers.  I love numbers! 
Chase - I am learning the letters in my name.  I have them on my hand to help.

What a fabulous group of children!

From Elly, Carolyn and The Monster Minds

No comments:

Post a Comment